The Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) is a statutory body established through an Act of Parliament, 2008. The mandate is to supports basic research in emerging areas of Science & Engineering.
- Serve as a premier agency for planning, promoting and funding of internationally competitive research in emerging areas.
- Identify major inter-disciplinary research areas, and individuals, groups or institutions and funding them for undertaking research.
- Assist in setting up infrastructure and environment for scientific pursuit.
- Enable in order to achieve synergy between academic institutions, research and development laboratories and industry for promoting basic research in science and engineering.
- Evolve a system of approach to expeditiously provide funding for research, including monitoring and evaluation, by adopting modern management practices.
The composition of the Board is available at THE GAZETTE OF INDIA: EXTRAORDINARY-NOTIFICATION dated 01st July, 2015.
Last Updated on 01 Apr, 2016