The fellowship is designed to identify and reward excellent women researchers in Indian academic institutions and R&D laboratories, holding Ph.D. degree in any branch of science and engineering.
- The nominee should be an active scientist with an excellent record of research performance as an independent investigator.
- The nominee should be in regular service throughout the duration of Fellowship.
- The nominee should be an Indian citizen between 35-55 years of age working in institutions in India.
- The nominee should not be receiving any other fellowships from Government sources during the tenure.
Nature and Duration of Support :
- Fellowship of Rs. 15,000/- per month in addition to regular income.
- Research grant of Rs. 10 lakh per annum. Research grant can be used for minor equipment, manpower, consumables, contingencies, and domestic travel.
- Overheads for the host institute.
- Fellowship duration will be fixed for three years, without the possibility of extension.
- Successful POWER Fellows cannot be re-nominated for a second time.
Application & Selection Procedure :
- Applications for POWER fellowships are invited through nominations. The nominations should be sent by the Heads of the Institutions or Fellows of National Academies.
- The nominations will be received throughout the year through online (www.serbonline.in) only.
- Selection of POWER Fellows will be made twice a year by a specially constituted Search-cum-Selection Committee constituted for the purpose.