This scheme aims to encourage emerging and eminent women researchers for individual-centric and competitive mode of research funding to undertake R&D activities in frontier areas of science and engineering.
- Applicants [Principal Investigator (PI) and Co-Principal Investigator(s) (Co-PI(s))] should be Indian citizens.
- The applicant(s) must hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized academic institution or national laboratory or in any other recognized R&D institution in India.
- Applicants from IITs, IISERs, IISc, NITs, Central Universities, and National Labs of Central Government Institutions will be considered under Level I Category, whereas applicants from State Universities / Colleges and Private Academic Institutions should apply under Level II Category.
Nature and Duration of Support :
POWER Grants will empower women researchers by funding them under following two categories:
- Level I: The scale of funding up to 60 lakhs for three years.
- Level II: The scale of funding up to 30 lakhs for three years.
- The POWER Grant is provided for equipment, manpower, consumables, travel, and contingency. "Overheads" is also being provided to the implementing institution as per prevailing norms of SERB.
- POWER Grant will be regulated through terms of reference conforming to SERB-CRG guidelines.
Application & Selection Procedure :
In addition to direct applications, the SERB-Core Research Grant (CRG) Platform will be used to identify and support women scientists under the POWER Research Grant component. Accordingly, proposals will be received through two streams:
- Stream 1: Direct applications for POWER Grant (Online).
- Stream 2: Applications sourced from CRG Scheme (All PACs).
- The selection will be based on the recommendations of Program Advisory Committee (PAC) constituted by the Board. If required, the applicants maybe called for discussion/ presentation.